Our team (Developer & Platform Evangelism for Communications, Media & Entertainment) is looking to hire a person in the role of a Platform Strategy Advisor. A PSA is a very exciting, highly visible, and influential role within the team and the company. In the words of the hiring manager, below is a description of the job role:
The PSA role is a combination of business development and technical advisory. PSA’s are tasked with creating deals that will drive large scale, early adoption of Microsoft technology across key accounts. The expectation is, not only will these wins lead to PR and evidence, but will also strengthen the long-term relationship between Microsoft and the customer. As such, PSA candidates need a good mix of business and technical skills as well as knowledge of the particular industries they serve. The role focuses on Media, Entertainment and Network service providers (Telco, Cable and Satellite) with a particular interest in how they are merging into one “Converged Services and Content Distribution Industry”.
This position handles the top 20-30 customers across those industries and is based on the east coast. The customers are located throughout the US so travel is required (about 30-40%), with most being one-two day trips. Success is measured by the number of large-scale evidence wins produced and overall strategic relationship we have with the accounts in the industry. Typical activities would include –
- working with account teams to schedule executive level briefings
- maintaining close, working relationships with the CTO/CIO organizations
- working with those organizations to develop strategic projects that drive early adoption of .Net developer platforms and products
- building mutually beneficial business terms around those projects to create evidence and PR
- working with architects to develop the project and align it with strategic initiatives inside of Microsoft
- securing internal funding and resources for those projects
- managing a pipeline of strategic projects and evidence
- ensuring that evidence and PR is created from the strategic projects
- building relationships with key partners to assist in these projects
- participation in Industry events
- Provide thought leadership to the industry by way of publications, event participation and PR opportunities
- working with other members of the team to identify strategic projects and help coordinate activates around them
We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years of industry experience (Media, Telco, Cable) as well as a background in software development. They must have acumen in the areas of business development and/or management and have some experience leading a team.
If you are interested, or know someone who might and fit the profile, please send an email to Helen Axelson (email@example.com) and reference Job Code:247186.
Who knows ? We could have some fun together shaping the future of digital media !!