Join me on Saturday, July 13th, at the newest Microsoft Store in New England (at the Natick Mall). I’ll be leading a session to show how you can build a game for Windows 8 – programming background NOT required!
As in the longer hands-on workshops my colleagues and I held this past Spring, I’ll be leveraging Scirra’s Construct 2 and if you’d like to follow along in person, here’s how you can get set up:
- Mac users only: Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion
- Windows 8 (a 90-day evaluation version available here)
- Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8 (free)
- Scirra Construct 2 (free version)
To publish to the Windows Store you will also need a Windows Store developer account:
- If you are a student, use the DreamSpark benefits for a free account
- If you are an MSDN Subscriber, use the one-time free account benefit associated with MSDN
- Otherwise, the account is $49 per annum.
Lastly, for continued learning and access to other programs focused on Windows 8 and Windows Phone development, I highly recommend signing up for the free App Builder program.