If you’re planning to join my colleagues, Dan Stolts and Chris Bowen, and myself for one or both of our back-to-back events at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute this Tuesday (Sept. 22), here’s a few important notes about the venue that aren’t immediately obvious.
- The University address is 110 8th Street, Troy, New York; however, that is a mailing address and not a valid physical address. There is no building at that location!
Additionally, the reference in the on-line registration pages to the “Golisano College” is incorrect. This is a different venue (in Rochester!); I just noticed the error and hope to have it rectified shortly.
- The events are taking place in the auditorium within the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, which is physically on 15th street directly across from the Alumni Sports & Rec Center. The auditorium is on the ground level at the end of the building farthest from 15th street. [map below]
- There is a visitor parking lot across 15th street from the event venue [see map below]. Note that this is a metered lot ($0.25 per 15 minutes), but that parking passes for a fee of
$5$7 are available from the Public Safety and Parking Access Office, which is directly next to the visitor lot on 15th Street. Please be sure you check in with the Parking Office before proceeding to a visitor lot.
- If you’ve registered for both events (TechNet Unleashed and the Northeast MSDN Roadshow), please note there will be a one-hour break for you to grab lunch on campus or at a nearby eatery. Lunch is not provided as part of the events, but there will be a continental breakfast for the morning event and afternoon snacks at the Northeast Roadshow.
- If you haven’t registered for the events – why not??! There’s still space available at both; you can view the program and register at the links below: