The UI for entering new blog entries in this Weblog community sucks!

I just have to vent!  The mechanism for adding a new post to my blog via the embedded “HTML” editor is awful.  It’s far easier for me to launch FrontPage (the absolute latest shipping version, mind you), type it there then just paste it in here.  I’ve tried Word as well, but it gets pretty damned horked too sometimes.  Ok, I’m done now and going to sleep.

1. Frans Bouma says:

use w.bloggar. works great.

2. Anon says:

Is this the same Frontpage that has adverts proclaiming how it will make your HTML better and yet showing broken HTML? 😛

3. Jeff Julian says:

It is a community project as well, so if you have problems, fix it.

4. Chad Humphries says:

I really enjoy .Text’s admin area and post entry tool. Maybe it’s just me though.

5. Jim Griesmer says:

Chad, just use it for awhile. It’ll catch up to you (unless it gets fixed of course). 🙂

Anon, I don’t really know what you’re referring too, and I have to admit that FrontPage wasn’t always a product I’d proclaim as being usable. But, the most recent version seems to work quite well. This is NOT a shameless plug for an MS product. It just happens to be the easiest HTML editor for me to install and use. :b

6. i agree w/ frans, w.bloggar is a great tool…no cross category posting though 😐

7. Jim Griesmer says:

Hm. I’ll have to give it a shot.

8. Anon says:

Jim,

Wait for the animation to finish, read the text and then look at the last paragraph 🙂

It’s obviously only a marketing gaff but it made me chuckle almost as much as the code example from Microsoft in a 2 page DDJ advertisment that had typos in the code 🙂

At a company that big you would think *someone* would proof read the ads.

9. Jim Griesmer says:

Ah, took me a few seconds to see what you’re talking about, but that IS pretty lame, given the POINT of the text.

I’m sure the ads are proofread, but certainly not by anybody in the role of developer. We hardly ever see our marketing people.

10. Anon says:

"We hardly ever see our marketing people"

You lucky lucky soul.