When it comes to growing a community, there are a number of old-school references like Cluetrain and Robert Scoble's 'Naked Conversations'. But I'm happy to mention some fresh, new books for your consideration:
- Jenny Preece’s “Online Communities: Designing Usability and Supporting Sociability ”
- Clay Shirky’s new book “Here Comes Everybody: The Power of Organizing Without Organizations ”
- We Are Smarter Than Me: How to Unleash the Power of Crowds in Your Business by Barry Libert
- Everything Is Miscellaneous: The Power of the New Digital Disorder by David Weinberger
- Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies by Charlene Li
Let me know if you have any other favs.