I worked on HoloLens for two years and can assure you that it’s amazing. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, businesses can get the Microsoft HoloLens Commercial Suite, which adds a lot of nice new features:
- Kiosk mode: Limit which apps run on the device, to enable demo or showcase experiences.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for HoloLens: IT departments can manage multiple HoloLens devices simultaneously using solutions like Microsoft InTune. Manage settings, select apps to install, and set security configurations tailored to your organization’s needs.
- Identity: Azure Active Directory and next-generation credentials with pin unlock.
- Windows Update for Business: Control operating system updates to devices and get support for the long-term servicing branch.
- Data security: BitLocker data encryption and secure boot is enabled on HoloLens, providing the same level of security protection as any other Windows device.
- Work access: Anyone in your organization can remotely connect to the corporate network through a virtual private network on a HoloLens. Also, HoloLens can access Wi-Fi networks that require credentials.
- Windows Store for Business: Your IT department can set up a private enterprise store that contains only your company’s apps for your specific HoloLens usage. Securely distribute your enterprise software to selected groups of enterprise users.
Alex Kipman goes into more detail here: HoloLens Development Edition Updates.
If you have $3000 burning a hole in your pocket, buy the Development Edition here.