Our team wanted to demonstrate some of the “More Personal Computing” features – what the rest of the world calls NUI – that you get for free on the Windows 10 platform. So we wrote a UWP app named “Family Notes”. It has some nice features:
- Speech recognition and speech synthesis by using the SpeechRecognizer and SpeechSynthesizer classes.
- User detection using the MediaCapture and FaceDetectionEffect classes.
- User facial recognition using the Microsoft Face API.
- Activation through Cortana voice commands, defined in VoiceCommands.xml (a VCD file), using VoiceCommands and Activation classes.
- Pen input using the InkCanvas API.
- Setting the app’s wallpaper using the Bing image of the day task snippet.
Clone the repo from here: Family Notes GitHub project.