I have to say I’ve been impressed with Microsoft’s recent efforts to green up. All the cafeterias have compostable dining ware now – it’s quite a blast to dump everything on my tray into a single receptacle labeled “Compost.”
Now Microsoft is publicly announcing new technologies for managing power consumption.
Also, Microsoft’s Environment site has been updated for Earth Week. The revisions reflect the following content and technology updates:
- Launch of Windows 7 Landing Page
- Marks Release of the Windows 7 Power Management White Paper
- Launch of RSS Feed
- Launch of Unified Communications Landing Page
- Launch of Flexible Work Landing Page
- Launch of YouTube Channel (Beta)
- Opening of Registration for Green IT Webcast Series on TechNet
- Revision of Data Center Best Practices
Steve Ballmer has committed Microsoft to reduce its corporate carbon footprint by 30% by 2012. I hope to see solar panels and green roofs on campus buildings by then!