Help with app certification
· Windows 8 app certification requirements. This guiding document is updated to include more details and examples of what’s required to pass certification.
· Avoiding common certification failures Driven by the app certification team, this new topic lists common reasons why apps fail certification.
· Resolving certification failures This new article contains an entry for each certification requirement, and lists the current recommendations for resolving common failures. When a developer learns that their app has failed certification, point them here.
· Index of UX guidelines: The index of UX guidelines is the checklist used to evaluate apps in the App Fast Track.
· Opening a developer account This topic explains the steps to open a Windows Store developer account. Once an account is open, developers can log into their Store Dashboard and start publishing apps.
· About strong authentication This topic explains how Microsoft Accounts are kept secure by requiring security proofs that use multiple forms of identification.
· New getting started checklists tells different types of developers what they need to get started.
· Submitting your app describes the technical steps for how to submit an app.
New articles on in-app purchases have been published to help address confusion.
· Marketing your app In addition to articles on how to create a great app listing in the Windows Store, you can get Windows Store logos, usage specifications, and other marketing assets (October 12, 2012).