What is it with the Netherlands?, that just about everyone I know in the software factories domain in Europe (excluding all Microsoft folks) comes from the sunny Netherlands! I am amazed - and a little envious, to be fair!
I have to give the guys credit, they are all over this space, and most have great innovations and contributions to go with it. I keep meeting more all the time, and our little factory community network is heavily weighted by the flat-landers.
What's really funny is, that they are all from different companies in the Netherlands, and yet they all just about know each other personally!! I think it must be the green and red colours of Amsterdam that brings them all together.
I have to give the following guys special mention, since we keep in touch a lot:
Newly met members of the factory community:
- Rene Schrieken (LogicaCMG)
- Clemens Reijnen (Sogeti)
- Dennis Mulder (Avanade)
- Dennis Doomen (Aviva Solutions)
Those unmet, but with a connection through p&p factory communities:
- Gerben van Loon (Avanade)
- Gerardo de Geest
Others, who do Software Factories:
- Jos Warmer (Ordina)
- Vincent Hoogendoorn (Macaw)
It's pretty clear to me where the action in this space in Europe is, and where factories are mostly being doing for real.
Lastly, honorary members of this community with a dutch connection:
- Don Smith (Don's wife is dutch anyways!)
- Tom Hollander (it's there, in his name man!)
- Stuart Kent (Regularly supports the dutch factories community with onsite visits as a principal designer of factory enablement tools)
- Gareth Jones (Partook in a multitude of dutch activities in country, before abandoning them! to go build factory enablement tools)
Makes me wonder if I am missing some larger picture here. Have I forgotten anyone here?