When you create a Windows Phone application you might have some data to store. Where do you store it?
- Well, there’s always Isolated Storage. I discuss that here.
- There’s always a local SQL Database. I discuss that here.
But, what if on-the-phone isn’t good enough? …to the cloud!
Why the cloud?
There are lots of great reasons. Here are a few:
- Your data needs to be updated or refreshed, call the cloud
- Your data needs to be saved for roaming users, call the cloud
- Your data is huge and phones only need a bit, call the cloud
Before you do anything, you might want to check if there’s even a network to use. To detect the network, WiFi, and so much more, read this article.