We've been working a lot lately on improving the Office 12 keyboard model, so
my mind is trapped in a keyboard shortcut frame of mind. I don't have anything to share
on this subject yet (we're still working on the design), and when I do I'll certainly post here.
But thinking about this so much gave me the inspiration for today's post.
Whenever I write about keyboard access in Office, people send comments along the
lines of "I wish it was easier to figure out what the keyboard shortcuts in
There are, as you might expect, a lot of web resources on the
subject. But I recommend
Office Online site, which has an
incredible stash of information to help you use Office. Click the Assistance
link on the left side to start digging in.
To save you time, I've compiled the list of guides to keyboard shortcuts for
all of the Office programs. Don't miss the "Show All" link at the top of each
page which formats the page in a way suitable for printing.
- List of Word Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of Excel Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of Access Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of OneNote Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of Publisher Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of FrontPage Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of Project Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of Visio Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of InfoPath Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of Office Graph Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of Office Picture Manager Keyboard Shortcuts
- List of Office Clip Organizer Keyboard Shortcuts
List of Office Document Imaging Keyboard Shortcuts
The Office assistance team has also created a number of other useful
resources around using the keyboard with Office. Here are some of them:
- How to use the keyboard effectively in Outlook
Quiz: Keyboard Basics in Office
How to turn on showing keyboard shortcuts in tooltips
The best Excel shortcuts to speed up your day
- How to customize keyboard shortcuts in Word
These are just a few of the over 100 articles on using the keyboard in
Office. You can
full list here. And don't worry, the keyboard shortcuts will continue to
work in Office 12.
Now you're ready to impress friends, family and co-workers with your
mouseless command of Office.