I was recently interviewed by G. Andrew Duthie for Microsoft DevRadio. We discussed reasons to develop a Windows 8 application. This episode was inspired from my blog post on “Why Would You Want to Develop a Metro Application for Windows 8?” It’s now live; enjoy!
Here is a direct link to the episode:
About this Video:
Andrew Duthie and Jennifer Marsman join us for today’s show as they discuss their top reasons for developing applications for Windows 8. From market potential and size, optimized discovery, flexible and money making opportunities, as well as free tools and guidance--- there’s no better time than right now to develop your Windows 8 app.
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Getting started with Windows 8 Apps
- How to Sell Your Apps and Make Money in the Windows Store
- Attend a Windows 8 Developer Camp and Hackathon in your area!
Blogs & Articles:
- Andrew Duthie’s Blog
- Jennifer Marsman's Blog
- “How to roll out a WinRT app to your enterprise without going through the Windows Store”
- Microsoft DevRadio: Top 10 Windows 8 Secrets for App Success
- Microsoft DevRadio: Building and Publishing Great Apps in Windows 8
- Microsoft DevRadio: How to Convert Your Windows Phone App into a Windows 8 Application
- Microsoft DevRadio: Why Wait? Develop for Windows 8 Now!