Did you miss the MIX keynote today? If so, not to worry. Here’s a quick summary of the major new releases and announcements:
- Internet Explorer 10 Platform Preview 1 (PP1): http://bit.ly/dXPQ2T (and try out the demos at http://ietestdrive.com)
- ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=82cbd599-d29a-43e3-b78b-0f863d22811a
- Entity Framework 4.1: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=b41c728e-9b4f-4331-a1a8-537d16c6acdf (Scott Hanselman did a very cool Code First demo where setting a [Required] attribute on a field in code automatically creates a non-nullable entry in the database and client-side validation in the webpage.)
- HTML5Labs updates (new versions of the WebSockets and IndexedDB demos and the addition of FileAPI and Media Capture API): http://html5labs.interoperabilitybridges.com/
- Windows Azure News from MIX11: https://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2011/04/12/windows-azure-news-from-mix11.aspx
- Windows Azure Accelerator for Umbraco: http://waacceleratorumbraco.codeplex.com/
Finally, it was announced that Microsoft’s “next big developer conference” would be held from Sept 13-16 in Anaheim, California. Save the date!