Yes, so did I. :) I attended PDC this year, and my colleague Jeff Blankenburg covered MIX. In case you’re not familiar, MIX is a conference for designers and developers focused on user experience and innovative web solutions.
If you did miss MIX, like me, you have a couple of options:
1. Watch the videos online. Jeff recommended 3 must-see videos:
- What’s New in Microsoft Silverlight 3 – This is a good overview of the new features coming in the next version of Silverlight.
- Sketch Flow: From Concept to Production – Expression Blend 3 contains new prototyping capabilities for rapid application development.
- Microsoft Expression Web: No Platform Left Behind – Among other things, this session covers SuperPreview, which is a tool to easily test your web site in a wide variety of web browsers. You can view in a "side by side" mode to compare how different browsers render the page or as an onion-skin overlay and use rulers, guides, and zoom/pan tools to precisely identify differences in layout.
2. Attend the Stir Trek event in Columbus, OH on May 8, 2009. This event will bring the content of MIX 2009 much closer to home. Held at a movie theatre (read: comfortable seats), the day will feature two parallel tracks of content directly from MIX, and then conclude with a showing of the Star Trek movie. There will be sessions covering Silverlight 3, Internet Explorer 8, Expression Blend 3, User Experience Design, WPF, Rapid Prototyping with SketchFlow, and ASP.NET MVC. The cost is only $25, for a full day of technical content, food, giveaways, and a viewing of the Star Trek movie on the day that it comes out!