closed on sunday

It seems as if everything in Redmond closes on sunday.  Even the “Brooklyn” bagel place.  I do not remember seeing any closed bagel places in Brooklyn on sunday.  This annoys my roommate a lot.

1. Scott says:

Well, that’ll teach you to live on the "wrong" side of the water. 😉 Come to the light side, come to Seattle. Embrace hwy 520.

2. jeffdav says:

I just can’t do it anymore. I lived in Seattle, I lived in Cap Hill. The commute drives me crazy. 520 is Evil. I liked living in downtown Bellevue, because I always had the I-90 alternative and getting to work did not involve a Highway. Now I live in Redmond. I moved for the appliances. Mmmm… washer/dryer…

3. Scott says:

ah, that could be part of the problem. My wife works in Redmond and has the same complaints about 520, but we live close to Montlake blvd. So she doesn’t have to fight city traffic to get to 520, just the 3 blocks or so of Montlake.

We’ve got a full size w/d too and running water/indoor plumbing. Although the water heater occasionally breaks.

4. Raymond Chen says:

Too bad because Mikie’s is the only thing I’ve found in the Seattle area that produces a proper bagel and not a "toroidal roll with sesame" like so many bogus bagel shops…

5. jdzions says:

Aw, Jeff, you’re not thinking. The best bagel places in Brooklyn closed an hour before sundown on Friday and didn’t reopen until after sundown on Saturday. And they were closed for the entire 8 days of Passover.

Jason "Lived in Park Slope for a year"

6. jeffdav says:

I never actually lived in Brooklyn. I just wandered around from time to time. My point was basically Redmond is lame.

7. KC Lemson says:

The thing that cracks me up is the donut place at the entrance from west lake sammamish onto 520… a DONUT place that’s closed on sundays. What the heck!? I once went in to work on a sunday when I knew my whole team would be there, and wanted to bring them a treat… only to drive away befuddled, wondering how that little shop makes a living.

8. Peter Torr says:

Thanks for the tip — I went there this morning to get a dozen bagels and some cream cheese for the team — they love it!

9. jeffdav says:

Dude, you seriously need to bring me some of that. 🙂

PS: Thanks for the coffee the other night.