As we continue to improve the availability of our Visual Studio and .NET hotfixes, we have recently begun the migration of them to MSDN Code Gallery, to our new web property designed specifically as a place for us to share applications and code snippets with the developer community. We had several benefits in mind as we planned this migration:
- Hotfix Discoverability – VS and .NET product updates are available in a single location
- Improved User Experience – The overall experience of Code Gallery is better/easier than that of Connect
- Ease of Access – No log-in is required to access and download Hotfixes
- Rich Search – All downloads can have multiple tags and tags are searchable to help you find relevant Hotfixes
- Customer Feedback – You can provide feedback on Hotfixes via the Code Gallery forums. This enables you to provide advice and support to each other. It also provides us with Hotfix experience feedback so we can address problems and interact directly with you.
We have just started this migration so expect to see the list of available fixes increase as we move more over the coming days and weeks. Check it out and let us know what you think: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Project/ProjectDirectory.aspx?ProjectSearchText=hotfix.