Team Foundation Beta3 released

Today, at 2pm, after reviewing the test pass results and the status of other exit criteria, the Team Foundation shiproom signed off on the Beta3 bits.  We released them to the MSDN operations team who are busily uploading them to the MSDN download center.  It takes a day or two to get the bits uploaded and propagated around the world.  Once that’s done, we’ll turn on the links.  In the meantime, as I mentioned last weekend, make sure you’ve downloaded the release candidate of VSTS and the September CTP of SQL.

We can’t wait to begin receiving your feedback on this release.

PS: Check out BuckH’s blog on Beta3…it’s got a lot of good info about the new features available since Beta2.

1. Joe Sango says:

Can’t wait to get it! Great work all. :)

2. byx45 says:

and does it only work under active directory?I hope there’s a version that work without AD.

3. Just as the nights are closing in a new toy to play with. It’s like Christmas has come early. Thanks to the team for all the late nights and early mornings (judging by the time of this post). Let the feedback commence…

4. jeffbe says:

Regarding the question about working without active directory, the answer is YES. We support a workgroup installation that does not require AD. Let us know how it works for you.

5. Sam Gentile says:

Other people have blogged that theu have installed it but I still don’t see it on MSDN Universal Subscriptions. I really need it for a TFS demo at Code Camp this weekend. Please help.

6. mueno says:

Are there migration instructions from TFS Beta 2 to Beta 3? Our SW engineers have already started some VS2005 projects on our Beta 2 server.

7. Hernan Suarez says:

Congratulations. I really appreciate it. My work will be easier now.