Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Added APIs for DataSourceFactory and OSGI Framework #700
- Added support for OffsetDateTime to be passed as 'type' in ResultSet.getObject() #830
- Added support for Active Directory MSI Authentication #838
- Added more datatype tests to JUnit test suite #878 #916
- Added an option to perform JUnit testing against Azure Data Warehouse #903
- Added new APIs to retrieve SQL Server error information received with SQLServerException #905
- Fixed issue with java.time.OffsetDateTime value sent to the server being affected by the default timezone #831
- Fixed SSL certificate validation to respect wildcards #836
- Fixed Bulk Copy for batch insert operation to not error out against specific datatypes #912
- Fixed synchronization on a non-final field #860
- Removed hardcoded error messages from test file #904
- Updated Issue and Pull Request templates #906
- Updated JUnit tests by closing all resources consistently and updated Maven dependency versions to latest #919
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>7.1.4.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>7.1.4.jre11-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could take this survey to help us continue to improve the JDBC Driver.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.