Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Added streaming capabilities for Clob.getAsciiStream() #799
- Fixed a bug where calling length() after obtaining a stream would close the stream for Clobs/NClobs #799
- Fixed Clob/NClob encoding issues #799
- Fixed issues in Bulk Copy exception handling #801
- Fixed closeable resource leaks in Junit tests #797
- Fixed issues with apostrophe being passed in table name #780
- Fixed statement leaks and improved exception handling in SQLServerParameterMetadata #780
- Changed error message to be thrown when data out of range for DECIMAL/NUMERIC types #796
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>7.1.1.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>7.1.1.jre10-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could take this survey to help us continue to improve the JDBC Driver.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.