We are pleased to announce the production release of the Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.4 for SQL Server!
The 6.4 Release To World (RTW) adds support for the following:
- Java 9 along with some methods from the JDBC 4.3 API specification
- Caching prepared statement metadata (enabled via connection properties)
- SQLVariant data type in table queries, bulk copy, and table-valued parameters
- Specifying a custom TrustManager for a connection
- Specifying the SSL protocol version to use for a connection
- Azure Active Directory Integrated Authentication on all supported Operating Systems (Windows/Linux/Mac)
- Data types DATETIME and SMALLDATETIME when using Table-Valued Parameters (TVP)
- CallableStatement now recognizes parameter names with a leading '@' (at) symbol
For a full list of these new features as well as changes and issues fixed, please see the Github Release Tag the release notes included with the downloadable package on the Microsoft Download Center.
Getting the latest release
Add the JDBC 6.4 RTW driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project (choose .jre7, .jre8, or .jre9 for your required Java version).
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.4.0.jre8</version> </dependency>