We are delighted to release a new early technical preview of the JDBC Driver for SQL Server. This preview release addresses issues found in the Prepared Statement improvements and adding support for sql_variant data type. Precompiled binaries are available on GitHub and also on Maven Central.
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project and issues fixed.
- Updated ADAL4J dependency to version 1.2.0 #392
- Updated azure-keyvault dependency to version 1.0.0 #397
- Fixed Turkey locale issue when lowercasing an "i" #384
- Fixed issue with incorrect parameter count for INSERT with subquery #373
- Fixed issue with running DDL in PreparedStatement #372
- Fixed issue with parameter metadata with whitespace characters #371
- Fixed handling of explicit boxing and unboxing #84
- Fixed metadata caching batch query issue #393
- Fixed javadoc issue for the newest maven version #385
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.3.0.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could take this survey to help us continue to improve the JDBC Driver.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.
Andrea Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org)