We are excited to release another early technical preview of the JDBC Driver for SQL Server. The focus of this preview release was adding new test cases to our project and cleaning up the source code. You can get the precompiled binaries on GitHub here and on Maven Central.
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Added Binary and Varbinary types to the jUnit test framework #119
- Added BulkCopy test cases for csv #123
- Added BulkCopy ColumnMapping test cases #127
- Switched to clean rounding for bigDecimal #118
- Updated BVT tests to use jUnit test framework #120
- In case of socket timeout occurance, avoid connection retry #122
- Changed ant build file to skip tests #126
- Fixed the inconsistent coding style #4
- Fixed NullPointerException in case when SocketTimeout occurs #121
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.1.3.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far.
Check out our new tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.
Andrea Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org)