Discontinuing Download for the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 1.2

Given the release of the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 3.0, the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC team has discontinued the download for Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 1.2.

Please let us know if you perceive any issues with your solution or customers.

Support for the JDBC 1.2 driver ended on June 25, 2011.

For customers using SAP Netweaver, we understand that you may still require the JDBC 1.2 driver in certain cases. You can download the JDBC 1.2 driver from the SAP Service Marketplace.

Shamitha Reddy

Program Manager – JDBC

1. Peter Tran says:

Hello Amina,

How do we go about submitting bugs against the latest JDBC 3.0 CTP release?  We uncovered a bug in both the 2.0 and 3.0 versions.  This issue is not present into the Driver 1.2 version.

Thanks!

-Peter

2. amisaify says:

Hi Peter,

You can submit feedback via http://connect.microsfot.com ->SQL Server -> feedback-> (login requires) search if bug is already submitted on the connect site-> If not, you can click on ‘submit feedback’ button and fill out the bug form.

Or you can post it on our SQL Server Data Access Forum (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldataaccess/)

Or you can email it to me via Email option on the blog.

Let me know if you have any trouble with any of the options. I am looking forward to your feedback. Thanks for trying out our CTP.

Thanks

Amina

3. amisaify says:

Hi Peter, I sent you a comment on your bug on connect site. i can follow up wiht you on that thread.

thanks

amina

4. Shavali Praveen says:

Hi Amina,

I want to download JDBC driver 1.2

How can i do this? I could not find the driver in the site.

Can you provide me the link.

Regards,

Praveen

5. Shavali Praveen says:

Hi Amina,

I am looking for SQL server JDBC driver

Regards,

Praveen

6. mary says:

I need the 1.2 driver as well.  Where can I go to download it?

7. dpblogs says:

@mary

The 1.2 driver is no longer available for download as it is out of support.  The most current production version of the driver is 3.0 and it supports SQL Server 2000 and up and JRE 1.5 & 1.6.  Can you tell me why you prefer the 1.2 driver?

8. dpblogs says:

@mary

Are you using SAP Netweaver?  If so, you can get the JDBC 1.2 driver from the SAP Service Marketplace.

9. siong says:

my system is using jdk 1.4… the latest jdbc that support jdk 1.4 is jdbc 1.2 rite?

here is the compatible matrix for jdbc driver…

10. Ahmed says:

right now i installed IBM Process Analyzer and it needs JDBC Driver 1.2 to connect to SQL Database , when i tried V 3 and V4 it says unsupported version , so what can i do?!