That’s right – with yesterday’s announcement, the tools are now final – now is the time to “Lock & Load” on building the next generation of amazing mobile applications – Powered by Windows Phone 7. Whether you are newcomer to the platform or already have been developing with Silverlight or XNA you’ll find the transition is painless, quick, and easy. Your first stop is the Windows Phone Developer Portal for all the resources to get started building your applications today.
Next, get a head start and be ready for the upcoming Windows Marketplace for Mobile launch by signing-up (it costs just $99) and get ready to register your applications in the marketplace. Savvy marketers will tell you that “first in wins” – there’s nothing like being found on the shelves of a brand new store.
Here are some additional guides & resources to help get you started quickly:
- Application Platform Overview for Windows Phone: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9713249
- Windows Phone UI Design and Interaction Guide: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9713252
- Designing Web Sites for Phone Browsers: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9713253
- Code Samples: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9713254
- WP Blog Announcement: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/wpdev/
- Tools Download Center Landing Page - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04704acf-a63a-4f97-952c-8b51b34b00ce;
- Headless Download (direct to .exe) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=185584;
- Release Notes - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=185269
- WP7 Jump Start registration training link (live class 9/21) - https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032462274&Culture=en-US
Get ready to see some amazing new experiences on the Windows Phone 7 platform!