Last week was Teched North America in Atlanta, GA. It was a great event and continues to be one of my favorite conferences because we get the chance to engage with both developers and IT professionals. In addition to my announcement of our ALM Roadmap in Visual Studio vNext, there has been quite a bit of videos and blogs posted that I want to make sure you’ve had a chance to check out.
While Channel 9 has all the TechEd sessions available – here are a handful of sessions to help get you started:
- Keynote Address (Robert Wahbe, Jason Zander)
- The Future of Microsoft Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Management (Cameron Skinner)
- Building Business Applications with Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch (Robert Green)
- Visual Studio IDE Futures (Weston Hutchins)
- How We Do Language Design at Microsoft (Alex Turner, Donald Syme, Lisa Feigenbaum, Lucian Wischik)
- Team Foundation Server for Everyone (Martin Woodward)
- Manual Testing with Microsoft Test Manager 2010 (Brian Keller)
- ALM for C++ in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (Terry Leeper)
There have also been more details behind the announcements in a few of our team blogs.
- Connecting Development and Operations – Learn more about the TFS-SCOM connector, our first step in the journey of connecting the development and operations team together.
- 3 Easy Ways to Learn About Visual Studio nNext Application Lifecycle Management – Check out Brian Keller’s post that is a great help for getting up to speed on what we announced at Teched NA.
- ALM for C++ in Visual Studio vNext at TechEd NA 2011 – Learn about some of the new features that will be especially useful to C++ developer teams.
Additional things happening around the Visual Studio team:
- Windows Phone Developer Tools 7.1 Beta – Download these tools and start building apps and games. The beta includes Visual Basic support for XNA and Windows Phone. To learn more check out the Visual Basic Support in XNA Game Studio 4 article and the team’s post regarding VB support for the XNA platform.
- Visual Studio Toolbox – Check out Robert Green’s new series on Channel 9 that focuses on our tooling with the goal of helping you become a more productive developer.
- TFS and Project Server Resources – Take advantage of the recent resources (videos, virtual machine) the team has made available to help you manage enterprise development projects.
- Configuration matrix testing using Visual Studio Lab Management – Learn how to test your application in both IE and Firefox.
- Import Data While Running a LightSwitch Web Application – Check out Matt Sampson’s tips and tricks that makes this seemlingly tricky process pretty easy to understand.
- Happy 20th Birthday Visual Basic! – Check out all the stories and best wishes from the community – Happy Birthday VB!
Follow me at twitter.com/jlzander.