Slides from VSLive New York Keynote

This morning I presented the keynote on Silverlight at VSLive in New York.  As promised, here are some links related to the talk:

• Slides for the talk are here

• You can find everything you need to get started on Silverlight at www.silverlight.net, including bits, demos, sample code, etc

• You’ll find a lot of additional supporting material on our various blogs.  If you aren’t already a subscriber, I highly recommend ScottGu’s blog

For those attending the conference, I will be around all day Monday and Tuesday.  I’m happy to answer any questions you have, so don’t be a stranger!

Jason

1. Test says:

This morning I presented the keynote on Silverlight at VSLive in New York . As promised, here are some

2. Jack Zhang says:

what means about your title?

3. Jasonz says:

Hi Jack – I just took over the VS team on Friday.  More details here:  http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonz/archive/2007/09/15/new-job-new-challenges.aspx

4. Howie Zhou says:

Jason liked your presentaion in VSLive 2007 NY. When I played the Silverlight at the silverlight.net today, I found that the entire site does not comply with 508 standard. It’s critical criteria for the government agencies to adope this technologies. I think it’s best interest for MS to make it comply with 508 standard.

5. Jasonz says:

Howie – Adding accessibility is definately a high priority for us and we have people working on it.  As you point out, we still have a way to go.  Please make sure to check out the work we are doing in 1.1 as new releases come online.

thanks!

6. Howie Zhou says:

Thanks for your reply. I am the guy who asked you to compare the flash and Silverlight in the lunch break session. Our clients are most of government agencies. I want to offer them an alternative option in this RIA space. Without 508 compliance, I even cannot bring it up to any client.

7. Josh Smith says:

Jason,

It was great meeting you on Sunday night and talking about the state of the .NET world.  Good luck with your new position within Microsoft.

Josh Smith

8. Anand says:

Jason,

I likeed your presentation. It was one of the best keynote I attended. If possible please send us the link of all the sites you showed in the conference.

I would love to go thru those site.

-Anand

9. Jasonz says:

Howie – thanks for your feedback on 508, I agree this is important.  There are a couple of work arounds you can use with alternate text fields.  I’ve asked for some better documentation on this we can publish.

Josh – thanks!

Anand – glad you liked Silverlight!  I’ve gotten a few requests for more pointers so I put up a new post with details on how to find a lot of the demos I showed (http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonz/archive/2007/09/21/getting-started-with-silverlight.aspx).  This is really the best place to start…

10. Sam Gentile says:

11. Thank God for coffee…. Astoria/Orcas/Data Services The Astoria September 2007 CTP is now available for download and it works with Orcas Beta 2. [via ADO.NET team blog ] SOA Nick Mallik details the things you need before SOA reuse starts to become feasable