Vacation next week – my blog will be quiet

I know that we have a bunch of active conversations going on here in the comments of various postings. I am going to be out for the next 2 weeks on vacation, but given the huge amount of spam that comes into my blog, I am unwilling to open it up for un-moderated posting. I will definitely be offline for 1 week, but my second I’ll be kicking around home, working on some projects and mountain biking in the Portland area. I’ll get back on my blog then.

I’m looking forward to next week as we’ll be driving down to see the Redwoods of California and southern Oregon. I have lived in Portland g_art_redwoodsfor 14 years and have never gone to see them. We’re going to be camping and hanging out in various parks and beaches on the coast. I promise not to think about standards, open source, or patents for that entire time.

Have a good week.

1. Andrew Sayers says:

I know I give you a hard time about issues, but I’ve really come to respect your approach, even when we disagree.  Have a great trip – you’ve certainly earned some relaxation time.

– Andrew

2. Wu Mingshi says:

Happy holidays!

3. Let us know how your vacation went.

4. jasonmatusow says:

Vacation has been terrific. The redwoods are an experience. I hvae a 7 year old and a 3 year old, and it was great seeing them react to these huge old trees. I would not have thought that a tree would affect a kid so much, but they just couldn’t get enough of them. We also worked our way north up the coast and that was very cool as well.

I’m looking forward to getting back to work, but not too much. 🙂

Thx for asking.

5. I have spent the past 2 weeks looking at really big trees and getting my perspective reset as it applies

6. I have spent the past 2 weeks looking at really big trees and getting my perspective reset as it applies

7. hAl says:

I liked the redwoods in California in places like Muir woods and Seqoia national park.

8. jasonmatusow says:

The Lady Bird Johnson Grove is a really easy walk for kids as well. Yea – it was a really good trip.

Jason

9. butlimous says:

Hope you enjoy your holiday! waiting you to return and share with us everything you did.