Palm Announce the Treo Pro Smartphone

Palm today announced the new Treo Pro Smartphone!

I’ve had the pleasure of using this device (secretly) for the past few months and I really do like it!  The Treo Pro adds WiFi and GPS in a much sleeker form factor than both the 500 and 750 devices.

It is also a Windows Mobile 6.1 professional device so comes with all the latest Windows Mobile capabilities built in!

Check out the video above or head on over to the Palm website for more information –

Feel free to post comments/questions about the device and I’ll try and answer them!

1. Arno says:

Jason, can you confirm that the new Pro… is a better "phone" than the 750?

2. MSDNArchive says:

Arno – depends what you mean by better phone?

3. Dale Lane says:

looks awesome

has any information been released about UK release dates and/or carriers?

4. Tom says:

How does it compare to the HP ipac 910?

5. MSDNArchive says:

Dale – the device will be available in September through O2 and Vodafone.

Tom – I haven’t had a chance to try the HP 910 device yet 🙁

6. Bluntles says:

It is a lovely device. I too have been using one for a while. Looks great and works well.

7. Graham G says:

This looks very interesting indeed.

Looking forward to finding out if VF Ireland are going to be carrying it.

8. Graham G says:

Also, the key factors (for a medium sized corporate roll-out) in my experience are:

Battery life – any better than the 500v?

Accessories – availability of desktop stands, spare batteries etc.

Car-kits – compatiability with Parrott and Nokia car-kits is a must

It’s these real-World issues that really differentiate between handsets in the ‘power user’s’ eyes. If it doesn’t work well with his car-kit in his new Jaguar then it’s not worth it. If he can’t plug it into a desk stand when he gets in to his office, it’s not worth it. And crucuially, if the battery fails constantly it’s getting replaced.

9. Arno says:

Hey Jason, what do i mean by a better "Phone"

The 750 has proven to be a bad phone.

Whilst making calls, they are getting dropped out etc… its very unreliable as a phone, whereas everything else is great.

We have done all the standard things… swapping them out under warranty, educating users etc… but the same thing keeps on comming back.

10. Ray says:

I had a Treo for many years and this latest incarnation looks like an excellent phone indeed. Definately worth a try!

11. MSDNArchive says:

OK battery life – the 500v only had a 1200mAh battery whereas the Pro has a 1500mAh – I personally don’t find the battery life an issue at all – it lasts a full day for me with Push Email, Bluetooth and my usual phone calls.  It also lasts all weekend without a charge.

In terms of phone performance that’s been very good too.

12. Gil says:

First – congratulations for winning the best blog around! (they could have asked me – I would have said the same and save the long effort… 😉 )

In regards to the Treo-Pro: Definitely my next device.

Not the fanciest one but looks practical which is much more important.

(would be nice if you can write some more about your experience with it)

See some exclusive pictures of the Pro – only in here:

Comments are closed.