A couple of old colleagues left Microsoft to startup Dashwire. It’s a very cool service that allows you to synchronise your Windows Mobile device to a web service that you can then view via a web browser bringing all your mobile and web content together in one place!
The beta will give you access to some very cool capabilities such as:
- Open access to the Dashwire service – you sign up, you get in
- Media sharing to social networks (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Bebo)
- Instant status updates (Facebook, Twitter)
- Threaded SMS
- Automatic phone-to-phone transfer (contacts, phone settings)
They are also working on a whole host of improvements…..
- Easy sharing of photos captured on your phone to friends via:
o Social networks (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Bebo)
INSTANT STATUS UPDATES
- Update your Facebook and Twitter status from Dashwire.com or (coming soon) the Dashwire Mobile client on your phone.
INSTANT MESSAGING-STYLE THREADED SMS ON THE WEB
- Improved SMS experience through conversation threading by contact
- Automatic transfer of contacts and phone settings (bookmarks, speed dials) when Dashwire Mobile is added to your new phone
- Currently only supports transfers from one Windows Mobile phone to another, but will enable WM to S60 transfers when we launch our Symbian client.
IMPROVED PHOTO VIEWING
- Easier and faster to browse and title photos on Dashwire.com
OVERALL PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
- Load time and usability improvements on the web and mobile client
- IE7 usability improvements
IMPROVED NAVIGATION AND ACCESS TO FEATURES
- Context specific menus when hovering over messages, calls, or contacts, allowing actions like reply via SMS, call via Skype, or share photo
- Spotlight-style account search
- Improved tile search
- Visual voicemail and voice to text transcription via CallWave iFrame (for US Customers only). Exploring additional voicemail solutions for customer choice and global coverage.
MOBILE CLIENT IMPROVEMENTS –build 299 on http://m.dashwire.com
- Added progress bar
- Added sync on/off for roaming – you were the first to ask for it! 🙂
- Added ability to select items that are synced
- Support of phone-to-phone transfer
- Manual or automatic sync, though manual sync doesn’t currently support sending SMS from Dashwire.com
- Improved sync messaging
- Faster performance
You can check out a great video of the service HERE