Office Mobile 6.1 released

OK – so we had a bit of a false start before…. but…

Office Mobile 6.1 has now been released for Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC and Windows Mobile 6 devices.

The upgrade is a FREE download from Microsoft.com and will allow you to open and edit Office 2007 file format documents from Word (.docx) and Excel (.xlsx) You can also view Powerpoint 2007 (pptx) documents.

Other improvements include:
• Enhanced viewing experience for charts in Excel Mobile.
• Ability to view SmartArt in PowerPoint Mobile.
• Ability to view and extract files from compressed (.zip) folders.

This free upgrade works only for Windows Mobile powered devices that have an earlier version of Office Mobile. If your Windows Mobile powered device does not have Office Mobile applications, this upgrade will not work for you.

You can download it from HERE

1. Simon Jones says:

Well I tried to install this update on my HTC S710 and it refused point blank. It said my device language didn’t match the patch. Sure enough my device language is UK English, but the only English patch available is US English!

So, I had to change language, restart the device, install the patch, restart the device, change language back again and restart the device once more!

Did you forget about the rest of the English speaking world? 😉

Oops again.

Simon Jones

2. Carl says:

Same issue on the Orange branded E650.

I can’t be bothered with mucking around on the handset just to install an "English" update onto an "Englsh" phone.

3. At last, the Office mobile 6.1 update is here that lets us use the new file formats (open and edit xlsx

4. If you run Windows Mobile 5 or 6 and run Office 2007 (or get attachements from friends that do) this

5. If you run Windows Mobile 5 or 6 and run Office 2007 (or get attachements from friends that do) this

6. At last, the Office mobile 6.1 update is here that lets us use the new file formats (open and edit xlsx

7. gobledb@hotmail.com says:

Has this version already been released to manufacturers for a while?

Back in September I got an HTC P4550. I’ve been creating and reading Office 2007 file formats the whole time. So, I was a bit surprised when I saw this update and checked the version of Office on my device and it was already 6.1.

8. Tushar Chaudhary says:

Yes, some devices have already been shipping with the new version.

This upgrade targets users with earlier versions of Windows Mobile, allowing them to come at par.

9. As Steve would say, hat tip to Steve's blog . Microsoft Office Mobile 6.1 If you run Windows Mobile

10. I also have a UK phone.  I went to the settings, changed the language (US English) – it told me to reboot, which I ignored.  I then ran the setup msi, installed fine, set the language back to English UK.  The device required a restart after install, but ho-hum.

Not nearly that complex 🙂

11. I also have a UK phone.  I went to the settings, changed the language (US English) – it told me to reboot, which I ignored.  I then ran the setup msi, installed fine, set the language back to English UK.  The device required a restart after install, but ho-hum.

Not nearly that complex 🙂

12. [updated on 4th December with UK English install instructions] As Steve would say, hat tip to Steve's

13. At long last you can now get Office 2007 support for earlier Windows Mobile 6 and some Windows Mobile

14. Keith Bardon says:

I have installed the 6.1 update and it when I receive email the .xlxs attachment is stripped.  Does any have any other suggestions?

15. Limpmike says:

I got a question i don’t know if anybody can help me i hope u do look im a user of the htc s621 (here in mexico) or s620 excalibur i got a lot of problems my phone came with the wm5 and i was unable to run the upgrade to wm6 so i did it changing the cdi and a lot of things that i don’t understand so i did and i get the upgrade to wm6 then i realize that the upgrade doesn’t come with office 6 so i search it from everywhere and finally get it so now i got the wm6 and the office 6 but i try to run the upgrade for office to read the office 2007 files because im a user of vista but i can’t it keeps telling me that theres no office installed on my device i don’t know what to do i hope somebody could help me please 😀 heres my mail i_drive_so_fast@hotmail.com

Comments are closed.