So what do you think are the Top 10 Enterprise features of Windows Mobile 6?

At MEDC in May one of the other sessions I’ve got to present (apart from the security session I’ve already gathered your great feedback on) is a session around the Top 10 Features for Enterprise customers of Windows Mobile 6.

Now I know many of you won’t have had a chance yet to use Windows Mobile 6 however hopefully you’ve been checking out the guide I posted as well as some of the blog posts.

The Top 10 I came up with was as follows:

1.Mobile Messaging enhancements

2.Office Mobile

3.Enhanced Security capabilities

4.Increased Calendaring capabilities

5.Internet Explorer Browser Enhancements

6.Windows Mobile Update

7.Remote Desktop Mobile

8.Development Platform Benefits

9.Windows Mobile Device Center

10.Mobile Document Access

So what are the top 10 features you would pick?

I’d love to hear all your feedback!

1. Surur says:

Storage card encryption of course!

2. MSDNArchive says:

Surur,  I’ve lumped that into my enhanced security capabilities piece 🙂

3. Gege from Paris says:

That message makes is infuriating;

Thousands of messages has been issued during the last 3 months to implement in priority the following:

1- WMDC compatible with VISTA concerning Rom Upgrade Utility. The story that such a resource has to be provided by the operators cannot be accepted…

2- WM6 Office files to be compatible with corresponding VISTA office documents.

We are longing for these rectifications each week through WM6 upgrade, without any follow up….

These are recalled at each windows mobile gathering.

Users will be in a mood  to think of adding 10 Entreprise features once basic necessities will be working in WM6!

4. lynxlynx says:

well in a enterprise perspective I like the windows update IF one can divert the update server to ur own!!

5. JasperM says:

Does Mobile Document access include Sharepoint access?  Perhaps something about contact integration?  That seemed to be talked about frequently during the WM6 presentations I saw.  (Live/SIM/Phonebook etc…)

Personally I’m excited about Voice Command being bundled as well.

6. MSDNArchive says:

Gege  on your points

1) WMDC for ROM upgrade is something that has to be provided by the operator as they provide the ROM updates not Microsoft.  There is a guide over at Modaco of how to do this in the interim…

2) I presume you mean support for Office 2007 file formats?  We will be releasing an update later this year that provides support for those formats.

7. alasdairford says:

Some of these are probably covered in your broader categories but I wanted to be more specific

1) webready links – an absolute godsend, thank you thank you

2) end user admin via OWA

3) improved admin admin from exchange 2007

4) native office mobile in WM pro AND WM standard

Although the lack of 2007 file format support is dissapointing and a bit of an own goal as the EVO launch was so close to WM6’s could have been a great reinforcement of the cohesive platform ( I await the update with baited breath)

5) The integrated contacts system, contact presecence and journal easily accessible

6) whole mailbox search

7) progressive attachment download and fetch mail  – I’d like to be able to choose to just download the text of a message and leave the monster attachment alone, but this will do. for now

8) IRM – this is going to be massive

9) Improved compatability in IE mobile

10) sorry coudln’t think of one 😉

not sure RDP mobile is a big benefit as it’s bound to be near unusable

and WMDC – mmmmmm not really a   WM6 feature surely

8. ... says:

9 su 10! Ottenerlo! Siete buoni!

9. ... says:

Interessieren. SEHR interessant! 😉

10. ... says:

Ich besichtige deinen Aufstellungsort wieder bald fur sicheres!

11. ... says:

luogo interessante, soddisfare interessante, buon!

12. ... says:

Lo trovo piuttosto impressionante. Lavoro grande fatto..)

13. ... says:

pagine piuttosto informative, piacevoli =)

Comments are closed.