Windows Mobile 5.0 vs Windows Mobile 6 comparison document

Since we announced Windows Mobile 6 at 3GSM the most common question I get from customers and partners is how the product compares to Windows Mobile 5.0 and what the incremental capabilities are.

The second most popular question is – what features require Exchange 2007.

The document attached to this blog posting outlines the comparison between Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6 and also show the features that require Exchange 2007 by placing an Exchange logo next to it.

WM6 – WM5.0 Comparison.pdf

1. I don’t usually do this on weekends, but I found a lot going on in the past few days, so here’s a special

2. I don’t usually do this on weekends, but I found a lot going on in the past few days, so here’s a special

3. If you are interested in comparing Windows Mobile 5 with Windows Mobile 6 then we have found a great PDF that Mr Mobile has created. It outlines the differences between the two OSs and also shows some of the differences between Windows Mobile 6 Stand

4. Bob Li says:

Jason 在他的博客上发布了一份对 Windows Mobile 5.0 和 Windows Mobile 6 的功能进行详细比较的文档。文档针对 Mobile Messaging,Time Management,Networking 和 Platform 等方面对 WM5 和 WM6 进行比较。

5. Brent says:

thanks for the soild comparison, very easy to skim and digest. I guess I do need to upgrade. ugh.

6. Rob says:

I can’t seem to get Pocket IE in WM5 Smartphone to support Favorites Folders. That drives me nuts because my world is organized around embedded folders of URLs. Will WM6 allow that (or am I not being bone-headed with WM5)?

7. Dan says:

Many of the features listed an N/A for WM5 do in fact exist, ie. Internet sharing, Windows Live

8. Dan says:

9. Dan...Again says:

Some phones will be upgraded for free, like the T-Mobile Dash.  Do you have one?

Check out the xda forum for many different beta flavors of WM6.

10. David - MVP Mobile Devices says:

Great and concise document! However, I do take exception to the description that WM6 can "compose and send e-mail in HTML format." While it’s possible to reply to HTML formatted email, you can’t compose any new text with formatting. In fact, copy a portion of the quoted email that has formatting (such as bold text) and paste it into the reply and it will appear without formatting.

11. hoopswalt says:

So, let me see if i understand this?  WM5 works and has some issues but the biggest WM6 "upgrades" are that you can choose not to have Voice Command on your phone and now we can still have issues using this with Exchange Server just in a new .X release?

This isn’t a new version, it’s a .(dot)X release.  They should have called this WM 5.1 rather than WM6.

12. Andrew W says:

Has anyone else had a hard time printing out this document?  I’ve tried 2 different computers and two different versions of Adobe Reader.  Am I missing something??

13. Celularis says:

Si te interesa ver cuales son EXACTAMENTE las ventajas de Win Mobile 6 sobre la versión anterior, debes descargar este PDF hecho por Jason Langridge de Microsoft….

14. After having a little chat today with Vodafone they have confirmed that the Palm will be getting an upgrade

15. Curmudgeon says:

How about:

WM5 – Works with your VPN client

WM6 – Erm. Doesn’t

16. O Jason Langridge anunciou no seu blog há tempos um excelente documento que evidencia lado-a-lado as

17. Bob Li says:

18. After attending the MS Hong Kong TechEd 2007 2 weeks ago, I’m glad to met Mr. Mobile and recently, I

19. Colt Kwong says:

After attending the MS Hong Kong TechEd 2007 2 weeks ago, I’m glad to met Mr. Mobile and recently, I…

20. After attending the MS Hong Kong TechEd 2007 2 weeks ago, I'm glad to meet Mr. Mobile and recently

Comments are closed.