3GSM is going crazy with new Windows Mobile devices being announced almost every hour!
I was able to play with most of these devices last week when I was in Redmond. It's great to see them finally announced!
First of up - the Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile device!
This device has an amazing screen at 800x400! It also has:
The next device sees HP enter the Smartphone device arena with the Ipaq 512 Voice Messenger device!
You can find more details on the device HERE but it's specification looks really interesting especially with UMA support!
- Integrated Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE wireless radio with automatic band transition1,2,3,4
- Integrated WiFi – 802.11 b/g with WPA2 security1
- Integrated Bluetooth® v1.2 wireless technology
- TI OMAP 850 Processor 200 MHz
- Integrated Micro-SD slot (memory only)
- Removable/rechargeable Li-ion1100 mAh battery
- 2.0" transflective TFT 176x220 with 64K color LED backlight display
- Windows Mobile® 6 Standard
Then Motorola announce the MOTO Q q9 and the MOTO Q GSM! The q9 has HSDPA and 256Mb of Internal Memory - the Q GSM takes the incredibly successful CDMA Q platform and translates that to the GSM Market - the device is GSM and Edge but not 3G 🙁
HTC also announced 3 new devices!
Last but certainly not least i-mate announced their new Ultimate range of devices.
The Ultimate range consists of a collection of five devices in various form factors to suit individual preferences, from classic bar to PDA to a notebook replacement and was designed to provide the latest and best in phone and PDA technology. From the 530MHz processor, to the XGA direct video out, from HSDPA connectivity to the 262k colour VGA LCD touch screen, every component of each device is specified at a very high level.
One of the amazing things about the Ultimate range is that they output XGA video resolution (1024x768)
i-mate is also launching the JAQ4 – the first i-mate device to ship with Windows Mobile 6 – a sturdy QWERTY keyboard GPS phone with a five-way joystick and scroll wheel allowing for easy navigation and use of services including email.
- Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 6
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g
- 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM,
- Mini SD Card Slot
- 2.8” 65k Colour Transmissive Micro-Reflective (TMR) touch screen
- Talk time 5 hours, up to 200 Hours Standby
- 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera
- QWERTY Keyboard
I had a chance to use the JAQ4 last week and it is a great device!