Paul over at Modaco.com has made available the CamerAware application for Windows Mobile that alerts you when you are approaching a 'safety camera'... it uses a GPS and a Windows Mobile device to acheive this so you can use it either with an integrated GPS or a paired Bluetooth GPS.
By checking your position every second against a database of known cameras, CamerAware can help you be a safer driver.
* What do I need to run CamerAware? *
The follow platforms are suitable for use with MoDaCo CamerAware:
- Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)
- Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC 640x480 (Portrait or Landscape)
- Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC 240x240 (Square Screen)
- Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)
- Windows Mobile 2003 / SE Pocket PC 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)
- Windows Mobile 2003 / SE Smartphone 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)
In addition to a supported device, you will require GPS hardware, either integrated, wired or Bluetooth.
* That sounds very cool, how do I find out more and get started? *
To get started with MoDaCo CamerAware or for more information, visit the following pages:
- About CamerAware - http://www.modaco.com/START-HERE-About-CamerAware-t246087.html
- CamerAware Requirements - http://www.modaco.com/START-HERE-CamerAware-Requirements-t246300.html
- The Complete getting started with CamerAware guide - http://www.modaco.com/START-HERE-The-complete-getting-started-with-CamerAware-guide-t246301.html
- CamerAware Screenshots - http://www.modaco.com/CamerAware-screenshots-t245914.html