Today TomTom released details of their TomTom Navigator 6 release.
TomTom NAVIGATOR 6 will be available from September 2006. It is available as a stand alone software product or bundled together with a mobile phone or PDA through retailers. TomTom NAVIGATOR 6 will cost from £69.
The key new features from their press release are:
• Contact navigation: Navigate direct to contacts stored in your address book
• Arrival time planning: Plan a route based on your desired arrival time
• Expanded Points of Interest searching: Navigate to a POI near current driving location, near home, near destination or along route
• Speeding alert: Notifies the driver if they’re speeding, even if they’re not in navigation mode
• Pre-installed Safety Camera database: The most up-to-date available list of safety cameras is pre-installed
• Safety Lock: Disables a number of menu items before driving, ensuring that maximum attention is kept on the road
• Realistic visual instructions: Visuals replicate road signs, making them easier to follow
• Pedestrian navigation view: 2D map which is fixed in one position to allow better orientation when navigating on foot