Attached to this blog entry is the ‘hot’ of the press document that describes how to deploy Mobile Messaging with Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 and the Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP)

The current record for getting this up and running is 1hr 30 mins by one of my customers so anyone who can do it quicker – blog a comment! :)

Also – let me know how useful this paper is.  It will appear on Microsoft.com soon….

Deploying_Mobile_Messaging_MSFP.doc

1. Joachim Farla (joachim.farla@e-office.com) says:

Great document  tnx

2. Amjad says:

Looks a lot better than the original one… ;0)

I’ll give it a go shortly with one of my clients and let you know how long it took

3. Lee says:

That’s great!

4. Rory says:

Awesome. Thanks Jason.

5. Dave Caddick says:

Excellent Doc Jason, thanks

Not sure about the 1.30 hours….   I’ve been trying to get this off the ground at my place for more than 6 Months ;-))

But, you are right, dead easy if you just step through it!

Dave

6. Russ says:

Thank you very much.  I just upgraded my Sprint PPC6700 & my Exchange server was misconfigured, but this document got me up and running.   I am so happy now. YEA!!!

7. Churchill says:

JAson great…

I have actually done that today was bussy 2 hours and I came across your doc after the deed. Bur hey this is wrthy little doc to save

8. Russ says:

Question in relation to kb883380:

In the word document on page 28, it mentions and also shows in the picture, that anonymous access should be unchecked, but in KB883380 on step 10 of Method 1, it says that enable anonymous access should be checked.

Just wondering if it really makes a difference then?!?

9. chris morrison says:

Nicely done, but I do have one question. Why is this a better solution then GoodLink or BEZ?

10. Looking for a step-by-step guide on how to deploy “push” email?

Jason Langridge of…

11. Sarah says:

In response to Russ’ question about the checkbox: The screenshot is incorrect and will be replaced in the doc next week!

12. Joseph says:

Do these steps apply to SBS 2003 Prem? There are a bunch of rules in ISA 2004 such as "SBS OWA Publishing Rule"…etc. Should we modify an existing rule or create a new rule as directed in this doc?

Thanks

13. Jack says:

If you increase the idle session timeout to 30 minutes, wouldn’t this require more resources on the server and facilitate a Denial of Service by evil-doers?

14. Jason Langridge’s WebLog – MR Mobile! : Deploying Mobile Messaging with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) and Exchange 2003 SP2 Whitepaper Although the document contained in this post is from Microsoft and talks specifically about windows

15. Mar says:

This is great, but one question….. who has thier device updated?  I’m waiting on Palm for the 700’s and the only company I’ve seen yet with an update for the device is Imate.  ??

16. Viper says:

It’s a really good HOWTO, thanks. I’ve just one problem :)

There’s NO Mobile Services under Global Settings in the Exchange System manager (Exchange 2k3 SP2@Win 2k3 Ent. Serv. Sp1)

17. Sarah says:

For Viper…There should be a Mobile Services icon under Global Settings. Right-click on that icon to get the Mobile Services Properties dialog box that’s mentioned in the instructions.

18. Dan DiAngelus says:

I installed service pack 2 this evening.  Already running SSL.   My ppc 6700 from sprint went through the normal Sync Procedure and everything work as defined automatically.  The only change I had to make was turning off the SMS notifications.

Thanks for the Docs.  I went through them to validate the install and all was well.

19. Today this list is longer, since I hadn’t the time to post it last week. Sorry…

Exchange on NAS:…

20. Mike says:

How can I monitor the users that use activesync?

does any user that knows how to configure his/hers account can start syncing without me having any control over it?

21. Jan Boguslawski says:

Thank you very much for the excellent document! Most important part for me is Appendix A. Deploying Exchange ActivSync with Certificate-Based Authentication! I have some problems by deploying it. When I use the Certificate-based Authentication tool to upload the XML-file to Active Directory I get an error CODE: 80070539, The security ID structure is invalid. This error occurs at the line 250 (in EASAuthUploadXMLtoAD.vbs) :  objAD.Put strSecurityDescriptorName, Array(objSecurityDescriptor). I tried to run the script without (comment out) this line and get: Exchange Active Directory property successfully updated. My next step was to use ADSIedit to find the entries like described in your whitepaper at page 63. But the only entry I found is CN=Carriers in CN=Outlook Mobile Access,CN=Global Settings,CN=MyFirstOrganization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration, CN=…..

Maybe you can help me?

Best regards and Happy Easter!

Jan Boguslawski

22. Step-by-Step Guide to Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Mobile Messaging If you are considering deploying some mobile devices with Exchange ActiveSync email and PIM capabilities (or if you’ve already deployed some), there is a must read guide

23. Enterprise Lösungen für Mobile Device Management, Sync, Security habe ich hier gefunden (ziemlich MS

Comments are closed.