Correction – MSMobiles.com – You can’t get an MCP (yet) in Windows Mobile

There’s a posting over at MS Mobiles which is a bit confusing – it states that customers can now get an MCP in Mobility.

This is unfortunately incorrect as what the team at MS Mobiles are referring to is the launch of our Mobile Competency for Partners.  This is not a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam but in fact a competency in our Partnering program to help promote partners who are skilled in Mobility.

One of the requirements to attain the Competency is that you do have to have MCP trained staff however it is not a Microsoft Certified Professional exam.

Sorry to have to correct the guys at MS Mobile however I’ve had lots of emails over the past evening asking which test centres will provide the test…. obviously there isn’t one :(

It does bring me to another question though – do people think there should be a Microsoft Certified Professional Exam for Windows Mobile just like there is for Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server and our other products???

1. Joshua says:

MSMobiles is the crappies and most ill-informed site out there, the owner made repeated threats to other people in mobile community, like Beattie and Calacanis.

2. yes, please introduce MCP exam for Windows Mobile!

3. Jacob says:

#1: They do post a lot of early news at times. But I agree. Sometimes he seems more anti WM than pro, and he can be quite rude. But hey, the WM community also need a tabloid 😀 😉

Anyway, yes, I do believe an MCP in Mobility would be great. You could extend it, to include:

Base: MCMP (MS Certified Mobility Professional)

Extension 1: MCMCP (MS Certified Mobility Connectivity Professional)

Extension 2: MCMD (MS Certified Mobility Developer)

Extension 3: MCMA (MS Certified Mobility Architect)

That’d be great. Plus, it’d make companies take mobility a lot more serious than they do now. Open up new markets (making more money for everyone). And, it’d definately send a signal to the rest of the world: Mobility is here, it’ll be big, we’re betting on it, and it needs to be taken seriously.

So, in one word: Yes ! :)

4. JB says:

I would also like to see an MCP for WM.

5. Sarah Blow says:

MCP in Mobility is definately required by the developers. It proves the skills that we have and quantifies us in our professional area. I have briefly suggested it to Eileen Brown, but I don’t know how far it will get. It’s something that has been bantered about for a while now, but so far nothing has come of it. I have to say I was very disappointed with the new MCP certification when it was first published for that very reason!

PLEASE!!! bring in the MCP in Mobility!

6. Sarah Blow says:

Oh & ps… mobility should also include Windows CE as it is the underlying platform for WM and Smartphone!

7. Yorch says:

yesh, I would love to get certified in Mobility, companies are craving for more and more PDA savyy people and getting a certification would be great.

8. jflowers says:

Yes, certification in WM would be an outstanding thing. And I agree with Jacob above, there should be developer certifications as well as general "Mobility Professional" certifications. I’d sign up in a heartbeat!

9. Neil Cowburn says:

+1 for mobility _AND_ embedded MCP exams. The way I see it, I think there should be 3 exams: a core exam covering .NET CF and SQL Mobile, and two optional exams which focus on Windows CE and Windows Mobile separately. There’s also the option of offering a 4th exam to cover native development, but I don’t think there would be much of a demand for that.

10. DeanAXIM says:

I guess I would like to see a certification similiar to the MOUS certification for Microsoft Office. Something that signifies you as a power user of Windows Mobile.

11. Chris Craft says:

Yes, a mobility certification would be a strong offering, and greatly appreciated.

12. Antoine says:

I too would like it if Microsoft were offering a certification for Windows Mobile/CE/XP embedded. I would be most interested in a Windows Mobile developer certification covering both native and managed environments.

13. Frank says:

Representing one of the biggest brands in Windows Mobile PDA phones I’d say absolutely! It would be a great first step for loyal and savvy users to learn how to build what they want and become mobile developers. I am sure it will boost the shareware community and may even fix issues we struggle with…

14. Steven Licciardi says:

I also would definately like to see an MCP exam(s) in Windows Mobile.

15. JackFlash says:

Estava dando uma olhada no TheSpoke e encontrei este post no blog do Alfred_Myers. Ele por sua vez remete…

Comments are closed.