ALK on Friday announced the new release of their excellent Co-Pilot software.
I've been using their software for sometime and it's a superb product! I even have some of my non-technical friends using Co-Pilot instead of buying one of those other navigation solutions. The highlights of their release are:
CoPilot Live 6 highlights:
- Updated, premium street maps from NAVTEQ with enhanced Western Europe coverage and thousands of new and updated Points of Interest. Now also includes limited coverage of Czech Republic, Hungary and Croatia
- 7 digit UK Post Code search
- New adjustable trip calculation and user profiles to avoid or favour specific road types
- Simple, intuitive user interface. All Pocket PC functions and options can be accessed via finger-touch menus
- Enhanced 3D map display with distance-to-turn indicators, scrolling map, and turn arrow that highlights the way ahead.
- Support for multiple voices and ‘hot-swappable’ voices. Additional voices will be made available as a download.
- Easier Points of Interest Importing and support for widely available 3rd party formats.
- Real-time traffic-ready. CoPilot Live 6 supports both TMC and GPRS Traffic information. Traffic availability and cost varies according to region and retailer.
- Clearer directions through enhanced turn and Motorway exit instructions
- Support for Windows Mobile 5, VGA screens, Landscape mode and square screens.
- 1GB Plug and Drive map upgrade cards pre-loaded with complete, seamless European or USA maps available
- Enhanced Live Tracking and Internet messaging service with simplified set-up. Multi-vehicle tracking and fleet reporting available as an upgrade.
- Automatic Bluetooth GPS set-up avoids the need for complex configuration.
- Discounts for existing customer map upgrades and version upgrades