I’ve got my Wizard!!!

A great day today!  A package arrived with my HTC Wizard today!

I haven’t had much time to tinker with it today but I wanted to post my first thoughts.

1. Wow!  This device is amazing – it is slightly thicker than the iMate JAM but is still pocketable.

2. Windows Mobile 5.0 makes such a difference when using the device as a phone.   I used to love the JAM form factor but never really got on with it as a phone.

3. Keyboard – the early prototypes I saw had the black keys – this has the silver keys which makes it much easier to type with.  The keyboard is exceptionally useable.

I’ll post more later… I’ll also pre-empt some comments and questions…

Have I fallen out of love with the Universal….  I still love the Universal as the Wizard doesn’t have 3G – but it does look like a perfect mix of form and function.

1. cesar fong says:

when will this device arrive the market?

2. Urban Strata says:

Where did you purchase this unit? — Or did you get it from HTC’s PR for review purposes?

3. DanITman says:

Can you try to load skype on it? Also what is the response time with the slower 200mhz battery.

Thanks

4. Blah says:

Would like to know what version of the Bluetooth protocol the device implements and whose stack is used (Widcomm or Microsoft?). Thanks!

Also, can one use WiFi AND the phone radio at the same time?

5. Shark says:

I’d also like to know the bt version and the bt stack in this device. if it is widcomm could you check if there is bt voice dial software installed??

and something more. did you have the chance to install any kind of software in wizzard? did you have any compatitibility issues with the TI cpu or with with win 5.0?

thanks

6. Witch-Queen says:

Spoke to Orange Premier today …. their release date has been put back till October apparently

Comments are closed.