Opening a command prompt (cmd.exe) when booted from the Windows 10 (1803) ADK WinPE, WinRE, or when booted from the Windows 10 1803 install media you will encounter the following error:
"Not enough memory resources are available to process this command"
“(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.”.
- There is no low memory condition. It is just a bad error message.
- This issue has no impact on any functionality
- This error can be safely ignored.
- This error has been corrected in the next version of Windows 10 (RS5).
- If you are seeing this error and you are not booted into a RS4 pre-install environment, this is not your issue.
If you encounter this error, and it caused anything, e.g. confusion, outrage, stopped a deployment, etc., please leave a comment. We are trying to determine if it makes sense to backport the RS5 fix to RS4.