I was just going around and talking about the VS Gallery on our European Tour, and on last Friday, we have added several new features.
Since Anthony did such a great job in summarizing the new features, let me quote him here:
— Start of Quote —
Today we release a new set of needed features that will improve the community appeal of the Visual studio Gallery.
· Users can now contribute their own ratings on the quality extensions they’ve tried
· Visitors can optionally provide a detailed review about the extensions.
· We’ve added a Review Tab were visitors can sort through the various reviews on an extension
· The “Was this review helpful” lets other browsers sort credible reviews from the rest
· Authors of an extension now get aggregate information about the ratings of their extension
· Last we jazzed up the category & search results page giving a better summary of the matching extensions
We have a number of additional features coming online to give users more access to information on the Visual Studio Gallery. Over the next few weeks we’ll be adding:
· Author contributed Tags for extensions
· RSS Feeds for each category
· Tag based RSS feeds
· Improvements to the new Categories list page
· Improved Submission form
— End of Quote —
We are committed to continuing to make VS Gallery the one-stop shop for all your VS extensions needs, and we are excited to bring you these new features!