tour of the month: the exit-stage-right tour

All tours much eventually come to an end and thus it is with my tour with Microsoft. I have resigned my position and am leaving the company. It was a great ride.

But the tours will continue. My book Exploratory Software Testing: Tips, Tricks, Tours and Techniques to Guide Manual Testers is in press and will appear through Addison-Wesley sometime this summer. I am truly thankful for the many wonderful testers at Microsoft who contributed wisdom, thoughts and even case studies to the effort. Special thanks go to Nicole Haugen, Geoff Staneff, David Gorena Elizondo, Shawn Brown and Bola Agbonile. Microsoft is full of great testers and even here, these guys manage to stand out.

I imagine that I will not be long in setting up a new blog as I have very much enjoyed this experience and being the only tester in Developer Division’s top ten bloggers was quite an honor. For that I thank you.

In case you are interested in my landing place, I can imagine that one or two of the more popular testing blogs around town will be talking about it.

Wish me luck …

1. Philk says:

Good luck – and make sure you carry on with the blogging

2. alan_myrvold says:

Good luck.  It was fun while you were here.

3. Eric Bidstrup says:

Best of luck James, will look for your new blog…

4. ecp says:

Hey James, If you continue in the Florida across to Washington State direction, does that mean the next hop is across to Japan or Australia?  Choose Oz, mate, and join us drinking some of the world’s best ale (by our standards at least!)

best of luck with your next move, or will it be the Grand Tour…..?

cheers,

Erik Petersen

Melbourne, Australia (not Florida)

5. jstevens2007 says:

Hey James I’ve never meet you but heard a lot about your work and testing techniques and think it would be great if you swung back around to Florida Tech but regardless of your decision best of luck.

6. strazzerj says:

Good luck.

Please make sure you let the general QA and Testing community know where you land, blog-wise.

-joe

7. It’s been a busier than normal for me at Microville recently. My friend (and frequent soccer match viewing

8. boulderdash says:

Best of luck in your future journeys James!

9. ecp says:

Not so much stage right as down south…  Jim’s landing place is Mountain View

Erik Petersen

10. tarnnum_gupta says:

Eagerly waiting for your book. Please continue with blogging…its a kind of motivation for us (Learners). 😉

11. rnd technologies says:

Free SEO services upto limit

We provides the software testing services. Please visit

Our facebook page

contact number:- 9235398008

RND Technologies Creative Software development india expert in innovative web design, custom web development, graphic design, e-commerce solutions, SEO services and travel software. Call for IT outsourcing  Website Design and Software Development Company | ISO certified.

12. Razorse Software says:

<a href="http://www.razorsesoftware.com">Software development company in UK </a> Developing  All Type Software Services

13. PassTheWheel says:

PassTheWheel–Preparing the Drivers of Tomorrow

PassTheWheel provides you with online practice test questions which mimic the types of questions you will be asked when writing your knowledge test (written test).

Each driver's license practice test is individually crafted and always updated to help you practice all the questions for the Official written test that you want to acquire in your region.

Just visit us at http://www.passthewheel.com/ and take an online drivers exam.

See you.!!!