A belated follow-up to an earlier post about Cider... Will try for a brief series that discusses:
- What's new in Beta2 ... ( lotsa new features, check details below )
- How to build a WPF app using Cider AND Blend ... ( sweet spots for each tool, brief demo of the workflow) ..
- Cider extensibility and features for control hosting, design-time, etc..
The 'features' screencast is available from Channel 9. It is ~10 mins of features + 10 mins building sample app..
Some of the new features in the screencast you should watch out for:
- IDE/project stuff:
- Templates for WPF apps (no more extensions)
- Remembers my preferences on how to always open a XAML file; if I choose Design Surface or XAML editor it remembers (per file-per-project)
- User control support
- Property windows, categories, etc.
- Wiring up events from the designer ... One click 🙂
- Grid support with adorners
- Panels ( StackPanel, DockPanel, etc.)
- Guideline adorners for alignment
- Selection Sync ( Designer, editor, property window are always in sync.. )
- Document Outline
- Visual Preview
- XAML Editor
- Reflection based intellisense ... (yes, that means non-schema based)
- Intellisense for mapping xml namespaces
- Sync selection from within the editor
- Better perf than previous build..
- Navigate to event handler