I often skip the "xyz" has shipped announcements.. but VS2008 "orcas" beta2 is packed with so much goodness that I had to jump in to vouch for it..
Check out Soma/ScottGu's video on beta2 https://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=329443...
Start downloading beta2 while you watch the video, cause by the end no chance you will not be interested in playing with it..
I am getting late into it cause I was on vacation last two weeks but here is what I see so far:
- The uninstall of beta1 and install of beta2 was surprisingly smooth for me.. that is a first..
- I am quite interested in testing -- and hearing feedback from customers - on the WPF progress.. ( animation improvements & the features to host add-ins, in particular).. You can read about some of the WPF improvements from tim's blog or the WPF SDK team's blog..
- On Web development, ScottGu has the skinny on this post..
- My experiences:
- I have also been using Expression Web due to the imho much better CSS support.. so it will be nice to see that goodness inside VS..
- Today I spent two hours inside Cider beta2.. You can read about the beta2 Cider features from their wiki.. Immediately after this post, I will share some of my experience/expectations.. Sorry for 'dupe' post.. but I am guessing half of you won't read this far into a VS2008 post...
Still here? What r u waiting for.. Please go download it and have lots of fun... do file bugs when you find them..