There is a new addition to the Partner Program that I thought would be of interest to all of you who develop or design for the web.
Have you heard of the Action Pack? Well the Action Pack has been around for a few years now and like Empower is one of our best kept secrets! It gives you access to a wide range of Microsoft Software for internal business use. For just €320 you get ten licenses for use in your day to day business. You might think "how does this help me, I am a web agency?" Well the Action Pack now offers the Web Solutions Toolkit at no additional cost. It offers the following on top on the 10 business licenses:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Standard 2008—a comprehensive, high-productivity, professional development environment that you can use to build high-performance, multi-tier applications for Windows, Web, and common consumer mobile devices.
- Expression Studio—a suite of tools for creative designers, including:
- Expression Web—a professional design tool that you can use to create modern, standards-based sites that deliver superior quality on the Web.
- Expression Blend—the professional design tool to create engaging, Web-connected, user experiences for Windows.
- Expression Design—the professional illustration and graphic design tool that enables you to build compelling elements for both Web and desktop application user interfaces.
- Expression Media—the professional asset-management tool that enables you to visually catalog and organize your digital assets for easy retrieval and presentation.
Technology Resource Kits
- The Windows Live Resource Kit. Find out how you can build new applications to create business opportunities using the Windows Live platform. Here’s what you get:
- Links to technical and commercial information, demos, and software development kits (SDKs) geared to your business needs
- Access to shared code
- Presentations and case studies that demonstrate how building solutions with the Windows Live platform can benefit your business
- The Custom Web Development Jumpstart Kit. Learn how to create business solutions and offer services on the Microsoft Windows Live and Office Live platforms that you can adapt, customize, and expand to fit your customers’ unique needs. The kit includes:
- Windows CardSpace labs
- Windows Sidebar Gadget labs
- Office Live training
- Silverlight videos, demos, and quickstarts
Business Resource Papers
Guidance from industry experts on how you can leverage Microsoft offerings to create compelling products and services based on best practices and tried business models.
The following links will give you further information or alternatively feel free to drop me a line.
Intro to Web Solutions Toolkit (overview): https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40044196
Toolkit Contents + How to Get your toolkit https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40047166
Speak to you soon.