Things are moving pretty fast!
A few weeks back we announced a series of new and updated Tools/SDKs for PHP developers targeting Windows Azure, which included the Windows Azure Tools for Eclipse/PHP, a comprehensive set of tools that use the Eclipse development environment to create, test and deploy modern cloud applications for the Windows Azure Platform.
Today we’re releasing the October 2010 Community Technology Preview (CTP). This update is based on your feedback and includes many new features, as well as enhancing the workflow of features for version 2, which should be released by November. Here’s a quick rundown of the features we’re introducing:
- One-click deployment of PHP Applications from Eclipse directly to Windows Azure
- Support for Windows Azure Diagnostics
- Integration of Open Source AppFabric SDK for PHP Developers for connecting on-premise PHP applications to cloud applications.
- Support for multiple Web Roles and Worker Roles for large PHP applications
- Support of Windows Azure Drive to enable ease of migration of legacy PHP applications.
To learn more, take a look at Brian Swan’s complete “Get Started” tutorial called Using the Windows Azure Tools For Eclipse with PHP, in which Brian shows how to get the most out of Windows Azure.
The Windows Azure Tools for Eclipse/PHP can be downloaded from here: http://www.windowsazure4e.org/download/, and will of course work from auto upgrade functionality in Eclipse.
As always, do give us your feedback at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=266877&atid=1135912
Vijay Rajagopalan, Principal Architect