Last week I had a chance to attend a live webcast “Connecting PHP to Microsoft Technologies” presented by my colleague Sumit, where he demoed the PHP projects (samples toolkits, frameworks and SDK) that we announced in May (Announcing PHP SDK for Windows Azure… and much more!).
These projects enable PHP developers to easily extent their web applications using some of the Microsoft technologies. Here’s a recap of the current projects:
- PHP Samples for Silverlight: add Silverlight to PHP web applications
- PHP Samples for Webslices & Accelerators: add IE Webslices & Accelerators features to PHP web applications
- PHP SQL CRUD Appliction Wizard: build PHP Web UI in HTML or Silverlight for create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations on a SQL Server database
- PHP Virtual Earth Integration Kit: add Microsoft Virtual Earth maps to PHP web applications
- PHP SDK for Windows Azure: extend PHP web applications with Azure Services
Sumit also introduced new project during the webcast:
- PHP Windows Live Messenger Web tutorial: learn how to leverage Live Messenger UI controls in PHP web applications
The offline recording is now available for download at http://www.phparch.com/conferences/webcasts (there are a couple minor glitches in the audio, just skip ahead for a few seconds when it happens 😉 and you’ll find bellow a zip containing Sumit’s presentation (PDF and PowerPoint PPTX)
This webcast is part of CodeWorks 09 summer series organized by PHP|Architect website. The series touch a number of PHP related topics including two additional sessions focused on PHP and Microsoft technologies interoperability.
Please mark your calendar:
In addition you might want to check out the free May 2009 issue of php | architect magazine which focuses on running PHP on Windows, and additional technical details on how to use some of the Microsoft products with PHP.
Jean-Christophe Cimetiere – Sr. Technical Evangelist