A new on-demand series of videos shows how you can develop for Microsoft Office 2010 - Programming Microsoft Office 2010 and will show how a developer can extend Office 2010 products, by using an application such as Word as the basis for custom applications – called Office Solutions – to take advantage of the existing interface which is already familiar to users. It includes information on how to customize the functionality and the interface of an Office application, and how to manipulate the data contents in code.
- The series includes the following segments:
- Getting Started with Office 2010 Solutions. This video is an introduction to the concept of an Office Solution, including the advantages of choosing an Office Solution, and an example of what an Office Solution can do.
- Creating New Functionality for Office Solutions. This video shows several ways in which a developer can extend and existing office application to create new functionality.
- Customizing the Office Ribbon. This video shows how to make changes to the basic Officer user interface element: the fluent ribbon.
- Working with the Backstage View in Office Solutions. This video shows how to work with the "backstage view", which is a new part of the Office 2010user interface. It is concerned with actions that don't directly create or edit content, such as printing or proofing, and it can also be extended by the developer.
- Office 2010 APIs. This video will show examples of working with the Office 2010 APIs to manipulate document content.
See Programming Microsoft Office 2010.
See how easily you can build the next killer LOB application with Visual Studio and Office! Visual Studio Tools for Office