Looking to get a great working summary of what’s new in SharePoint 2010 for developers?
Check-out this blog post by the Microsoft ISV team for a complete rundown on all the cool new features for developers in Sharepoint 2010 such as:
- New Visual Studio 2010 Templates for:
- Web Parts
- Business Data Connectivity
- Workflow diagrams.
- SharePoint Explorer
- SharePoint Designer 2010- A “No Code” Tool for SharePoint
- Developer Dashboard
- Connect with Line of Business Data
- Data Technologies Supported by SharePoint
- LINQ to SharePoint
- The New SharePoint Client Object Model – a simple API for you to add, retrieve, update and manage your data in SharePoint.
- REST APIs
- Workflow Improvements
- Silverlight Integration
and even a “Getting Started” guide for Developers.